Efficiency and reliability with the electric powered vacuum pipe lifter
The ED125N is the latest development in vacuum pipe lifting. Powered by the excavator’s battery and alternator, the vacuum lifter minimalizes maintenance, noise, emissions and equipment wear and tear. It can be fitted to any excavator within minutes, without needing to customize the excavator.
The ED125N is just as versatile as the SC125N as they both can be fitted with the below load attachments:
- Single suction pad lugs – Supplied with all units are the lugs for single pads, these pads are designed for rigid pipes and can handle single and double joint pipes.
- Anti-Drop suction pad lugs – As the above single suction pads lugs but fitted with a sensor to detect if the pipe is in mid-air or on the ground. Only when the pipe is on the ground can it be released. Preventing unintentional release of load.
- Extension beams for flexible pipes – Extension beams are used to spread 2 suction pads apart and safely lift flexible pipes such as HDPE and PVC. The technically advanced connection between the extension beams and extension beam suction pads ensures the pads work with the pipe while flexing and can withstand any shaking.
- Attachments for plates/slabs – Vlentec offers many standard and customs made attachments to handle slabs and plates.
- Hydraulic pipe joiner – The pipe joiner can pull one pipe to the string of pipes and press it in the pipe in the bell mouth without damaging the pipe. Furthermore, the ED125N can be fitted with the following lifting attachments:
- Light duty rotator – This cost efficient and light weight rotator connects the vacuum lifting beam to any excavator. It’s light duty capacity limits the beams lifting capacity to 7.500kg.
- Heavy duty rotator – The heavy-duty rotator in combination with the lifting beam can handle loads up to 12.500kg. The rotators high torque maintains full control over long and heavy pipes.
- Crane lifting lugs – Two crane lifting lugs that are bolted to the ends of the lifting beam ensure stable handling of pipes up to 12.500kg with a crane.
- Single crane lug – Mainly used on side booms or other lifting devices with limited lifting height, the single lug in combination with the lifting beam can handle pipes up to 12.500kg.
The ED125N can be equipped with a battery pack if the vacuum lifter would be used on a carrier that does not have a 24VDC power supply (such as a mobile crane or side boom).
The low noise and zero exhaust emissions make the vacuum pipe lifter idea for work in confined spaces or in urban areas. Communication amongst construction staff is not limit anymore.
The vacuum pipe lifter is fitted with many safety measures to ensure a safe work site and protect against operator’s error. The lifting beam of the vacuum lifter not only protects the internal components but it also serves as a reserve vacuum tank. Fitted to the lifting beam and vacuum tank are sensors and warning alarms including 2 red and green flashers and an audio alarm. The alarms are always powered by a back-up battery fitted to the vacuum lifters beam.
The vacuum lifter can still be rotated in both direction unlimitedly due to the use of a heavy-duty power slip ring in the hydraulic rotator. Thus, no chance of tangled or hooked wires.
A compact 1kW 24VDC motor directly drives a the 40m3/h high performance oil bathed vacuum pump. No gears, belts or couplings are used between the pump and motor for maximum efficiency.
The motor-pump combination starts and stops automatically depending on the vacuum pressure in the vacuum tank. Therefore, drastically cutting the pumps running hours and minimalizing maintenance. The electric motor is fitted with a soft starter minimalizing wear and tear to all moving components.
By eliminating the diesel engine, maintenance is minimalized as there is no fuel filtering required, there is no engine air intake filter, there is no oil replacement for the diesel engine. Besides that, the vacuum pump only runs a fraction of the time thus also requires far less maintenance.
Maintenance costs to the vacuum air filtration between the load – vacuum tank – vacuum pump has been minimalizing as the main filter is a washable stainless-steel filter and never needs replacing. A secondary paper filter that stops the smallest dust particles only needs replacing every half a year.
The vacuum lifter is designed to be extremely easy to understand. All filters are fitted with stickers to indicate when and how they must be cleaned/replaced. The main electrical box has a daily inspection list printed on it.
Furthermore, the vacuum lifter is not fitted with a wiring loom. Each component has an individual wire protected by conduit that goes directly from the component to a simple circuit board. Making part replacement and troubleshooting easy.
The vacuum lifters are supplied with all components to connect to your handling device. For example, when fitting to an excavator Vlentec supplies a pin, hydraulic hoses valves and cable with the unit, free of charge.
Installing the vacuum lifter to an excavator can be done in a matter of minutes. The unit is pinned to the excavator’s arm by one single pin and locked in plate with a bolt. After the pin is connected the hydraulic lines from the vacuum lifter can be connected to the hydraulic lines from the bucket ram or to an extra hydraulic function. Furthermore, the power supply cable must be fixed to the excavator, alongside the hydraulic lines, to the battery. The cable is supplied with battery connectors and fuses for quick installation.
The electric cable can be disconnected at the vacuum lifter and remain fitted the excavator while it is used with a bucket or other attachments.
CALL FOR PRICE Tel: 01691 682 491